Here's a list of zombie books for beginners and those new to the genre. It includes, of course, the huge and most-popular bestselling titles. But this zombie reading list goes a bit beyond the basics. On this list, you will also find some really good zombie novels by new, small-press, and independent authors.
If you just want to read what everyone else is reading, you can stop after the first two titles. Sure, start with the biggies if you like.
- The Walking Dead Compendium One and Compendium Two by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, and Tony Moore
- World War Z by Max Brooks
The books on this list, taken together, will give new readers a taste of the wide range of characters, plots, and premises within the genre. They've been chosen for just that purpose: to provide a good sampling.
Ten Good Zombie Fiction Books for Beginners
(Alphabetized by Author's Last Name)
- Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
- Day by Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne
- Blood Crazy by Simon Clark
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
- Dead City by Joe McKinney
- Autumn by David Moody
- Dark Recollections by Chris Philbrook
- Plague of the Dead by Z. A. Recht
- Dead Meat by Chris and Patrick Williams
There are many more great zombie fiction pieces out there... so don't stop here.
Take a look around the blog for even more choices. You'll be hooked before you know it.