February 12, 2014

George Cook Discusses the Dead War Series


The Premise


The title of my series is The Dead War Series. The story takes place in the year 2053. Even with all of our technological might the Earth falls to the dead because of a lack of unity.

Will mankind be able to work together to save what is left of humanity?

The source is a virus known as the Beserker Virus created by the military to turn enemy soldiers against each other. Unfortunately, once it is actually released, the virus mutates with horrifying results.


The Characters

There is, of course, Richards. He is the hero of the story. He is a former police officer now special forces soldier haunted by having to kill his parents at the start of the zombie apocalypse. He has a strong sense of duty and will do whatever it takes to accomplish his mission.

A second character would be Duncan, an Irish mercenary. His reasons for helping to spread the virus are hidden and not revealed until book two. Like Richards he has no problem doing whatever or killing whomever to complete his mission.

Lastly, there is Delice. She's a young child who could be mankind's only hope of surviving the zombie apocalypse.

The Settings

The story takes place in the now decimated city of Newark NJ in the year 2053.

The setting in the second book is what is currently known as University Hospital in Newark. The many doors and rooms in a hospital add to the fear factor as you never know what is behind each door or corner.

One of the great setting is the Prudential Arena better known as The Rock. It's where the US army has staged its command and where two of the stories main battles occur.

An Excerpt

...Richards lowered his pistol and began to creep away from the area. He turned a corner right smack into an oncoming Gray. The dead had soulless black eyes. No pupils, no whites of the eyes, just black orbs.

The thing shrieked as it reached out at Richards. Richards instinctively kicked the thing back and fired just once. The blue bead of laser light slammed into the Grays forehead and blew out the back of the things head in a blue burst of light, blood, and black bile.

Richards rolled forward and then spun around onto one knee. The other two Grays he had seen earlier were almost on top of him now. Richards fired twice silencing both with head shots. He got to his feet and ran. He could hear moaning sounds all around him now.

About the Author

I am former military ( US Army ). I am married with one child and for the last 5 years I have served on my local board of education. For the last three years I have been president of the board. I was re-elected to my seat on Nov 5, 2013 and elected president again in January 2014.

My blog is thedeadwarseries.com. My blog features information on me and my books, but it also has other news and videos for zombie lovers. I do reviews on zombie movies and feature other zombie books besides my own. I think that's the best way for indie authors to help each other by sharing our books with like minded readers.

I would really like to thank the fans and readers who first read the book. They caught a lot of mistakes but more importantly one or two continuity issues. I want to say thank you to those who have supported me and The Dead War Series. Your support is greatly appreciated.

If you like the genres of horror, action/adventure, and science fiction you will enjoy The Dead War Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment