May 28, 2014

Romero Says Zombies Do Not Crave Brains

I found this very interesting...

The following is an excerpt from a Vanity Fair interview of George Romero, first published in May of 2010. The title of the piece is George A. Romero: "Who Says Zombies Eat Brains?" Eric Spiznagel's questions are the bold print. Romero's answers are underneath.
 
Zombies have a weird fixation with eating human flesh and brains. What is it about being undead that makes somebody so ravenous?
First of all, why does everybody say that zombies eat brains?

Because… it’s true?
I’ve never had a zombie eat a brain! I don’t know where that comes from. Who says zombies eat brains?

I remember brains being a big zombie menu item in Return of the Living Dead back in the mid-80s, but I’m not sure if that’s where it started.
Whenever I sign autographs, they always ask me, “Write ‘Eat Brains’!” I don’t understand what that means. I’ve never had a zombie eat a brain. But it’s become this landmark thing.

Well, what about gorging on human flesh? Your zombies do that, right?
Definitely. (Laughs.)

 

Jule Says:

Folks, I don't CARE if you want your zombies to eat brains. That's just fine with me. But in my world, zombies eat flesh. Brains are only part of the menu. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment